- A university degree or college diploma in business marketing, public relations or communications.
● Assess characteristics of products to be promoted and advise on the advertising needs of an establishment;
● Develop and implement advertising campaigns appropriate for print or electronic media;
● Gather, research and prepare communications material for internal and external audiences;
● Develop, implement and evaluate communications strategies and programs designed to inform clients, employees and the general public of initiatives and policies of businesses, governments and other organizations;
● Prepare or oversee preparation of reports, briefs, bibliographies, speeches, presentations, Web sites and press releases;
● Develop and organize workshops, meetings, ceremonies and other events for publicity, fundraising and information purposes.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or in another discipline with a significant programming component or completion of a college program in computer science;
- Specialization in programming for engineering and scientific applications requires specific post-secondary study or experience.
● Write, modify, integrate and test software code for e-commerce, Internet and applications;
● Maintain existing computer programs by making modifications as required;
● Identify and communicate technical problems, processes and solutions;
● Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software;
● Assist in the development of logical and physical specifications.